If this doesn’t motivate/inspire you,I don’t know what will. This is why I love my job and it is so much than just helping people get a good workout! She also lost 13.5 inches in 8 weeks!!
From Debbie Ross McCarty
“I was in a head-on collision and had multiple injuries, including a compound femur fracture (bones were completely out of the skin), T-12/L1 burst fracture that came within a mm. of severing the spinal cord (same thing Christopher Reeves had), herniated disks in the neck and back, multiple fractured ribs, fractured sternum, fractured knee, stress fractures in both feet, nerve damage in leg and both arms, bruised lungs, etc., and I had to have several surgeries. A year later, I was diagnosed with Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis. I went to physical therapy several times for all of my pain issues.
To say I was a weenie when I started weight training with Lori is an understatement. I had tried so many different kinds of treatment and therapies, Pilates, etc. with only minimal relief. I could not lift 5 lbs. Now it feels like nothing to lift 5 lb. weights. After three months of WOW classes, I have reached the following milestones:
1. I can now get up and down from seated position without difficulty. I could not do this when I started WOW.
2. I can now get up and down from lying down position. I had to have help getting up and down when I started.
3. I walked six miles at the North Pole a week ago. When I started WOW, I could only stand up for ten minutes at a time. It took me a long time to cook a meal!
4. A few days ago, I noticed I was able to get in and out of the car without moving my seat all of the way back. My knees are bending so much better. (I was told I need knee replacements, but I felt the problem may be due to the very tight muscles in my legs.)
5. I can now open a bottle of water. I could not do this when I started.
Lori, I can’t thank you enough for all you have done for me. I have improved WAY more than I ever did in physical therapy - or any other kind of therapy. My family is still in shock!!! I SO look forward to many more milestones in the future!! — ￼feeling blessed.”